BAKING PARIS SWIRLS
Another our favorite treats for parties are Paris Swirls! They aways make my guests smile and dream of swirling under the Eiffel tower!
DOWNLOAD YOUR PARIS SWIRLS RECIPE CARD
(You could print it and create a special recipe book)
Ingredients for 6 swirls
- 3 rounded tablespoons plain flour
- 3 level tablespoons cornflour
- 113 grams/4 oz butter or margarine
- 2 rounded tablespoons sifted icing sugar
- Few drops of almond essence
For the topping :
- Extra sifted icing sugar
- Raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180° C/356 F.
- Sift together the flour and the cornflour and set aside.
- Cream the butter or margarine very thoroughly until soft.
- Add the icing sugar and flavouring and cream in thoroughly.
- Gradually work in the flour and cornflour until smooth and blended.
- Spoon the mixture into a large piping bag, which has been fitted with rosette piping tube (large size to fit the bag).
- Pipe the mixture into paper baking cases arranged in bun tins or on a baking tray. Pipe twice round the outer edge so there is a hollow in the centre.
- Place the cakes in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until risen but still very pale in colour.
- Cool the cakes thoroughly before dusting each with sifted icing sugar.
- Finish with a little raspberry jam in the centre of each cake. I do hope you enjoy them.
To receive all our content, we invite you to become part of the Charlotte and Burlington family. Click here to learn more and join us.
Leave a comment